FV toroidal roller bearings feature:
• Self-aligning capability of spherical roller bearings
• Axial displacement ability of cylindrical roller bearings
• Compact cross section and high load carrying capacity of needle roller bearings
Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions at Your Service!
• Technical consultancy
• Application analysis and feasibility study
• Engineering and design
• Advanced calculations
• FEM and semi-analytical simulations
• Project co-engineering
• Product customization and optimization
• Advanced and flexible manufacturing technology
• Qualified on-field assistance
Types available, dimensional range and price
Full complement or V type
• 75% market shares • 50 < ID < 200
Pressed steel cage or J type
• 25% market shares • 50 < ID < 200 • The need for a mould implies minimum production lots to amortize production costs
Machined brass cage or M type
• very rare • > 200 ID • Prices are extremely high
Main industries and applications
For full complement and V type (small to medium bearings): • Continuous casting • Mud pumps (cross-head position)
For M type (large bearings): • Heavy duty applications • Cement • Pulp and paper
For the most popular CARB bearing models, please check: The most popular Toroidal roller bearings are used in continuous casting machines
Special designs and variants toroidal roller bearings
Technical notes and warnings
• FV toroidal bearings are used in presence of high radial load and when some alignment error must be compensated. FV toroidal bearings are mounted as non-locating bearing since they can face the thermal expansion along the shaft and both rings must be axially located on both sides.
• FV toroidal bearings can be supplied with a CN radial clearance or higher, as C3, C4, C5 due to assembling issues • It is possible to order the FV toroidal bearings with cage or full complement (V suffix), and open or sealed type.
• FV toroidal bearings can be supplied with a tapered bore 1:12 (K suffix) or 1:30 (K30 suffix) suitable to be mounted on its proper sleeve.